Second Life Copybot Forum
How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot Forum (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: ★☆ Start Here before doing anything else!! ☆★ (https://secondlifecopybot.com/Forum-%E2%98%85%E2%98%86-Start-Here-before-doing-anything-else-%E2%98%86%E2%98%85)
+--- Forum: STEP 3: TUTORIALS (https://secondlifecopybot.com/Forum-STEP-3-TUTORIALS)
+---- Forum: Exporting/Importing (https://secondlifecopybot.com/Forum-Exporting-Importing)
+---- Thread: How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) (/Thread-How-to-import-Wearables-skin-hair-alpha-ect)

Pages: 1 2

How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - ZeroThe10th - 05-29-2015

Hello Guest!! You need to Register or to view the content

RE: How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - geo266 - 07-17-2015

Hi I just wanted to ask a question regarding this. I've noticed that you said to import as XML and check the texture option. However when I uploaded the files most ended up as balls or just flat textures, some weren't even loadable at all. Since I'm new I would greatly appreciate if you could help me out :)

RE: How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - ZeroThe10th - 07-18-2015

(07-17-2015, 09:53 PM)geo266 Wrote: Hi I just wanted to ask a question regarding this. I've noticed that you said to import as XML and check the texture option. However when I uploaded the files most ended up as balls or just flat textures, some weren't even loadable at all. Since I'm new I would greatly appreciate if you could help me out :)

Darkstorm has been more successful than Old Skool when it comes to that, but as of late I've been running into the same error my self. i don;'t know LL might be patching again.
The only solution I can think of that might help is to
Check the Include texture button
Export the XML
Select the item and extract all the textures
Convert the textures into J2C format
and then try to use the importer with textures that way.

(Remember this doesn't work on Mesh items)

Speaking of mesh, if you are extracting an item for OS you could try doing that instead convert your prims into mesh, run them through blender saving it as a static mesh and uploading it onto whatever grid.

those are the only solutions I have a the moment :(

RE: How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - Linds086 - 07-20-2015

Is there a converter to use to convert other formats to j2c? For wearables I just include the PNG texture files, is that ok?.

RE: How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - ZeroThe10th - 07-20-2015

(07-20-2015, 02:11 AM)Linds086 Wrote: Is there a converter to use to convert other formats to j2c? For wearables I just include the PNG texture files, is that ok?.

Xnview can convert J2c files and so on.

RE: How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - Linds086 - 07-20-2015

Sorry, I feel so clueless here..
I downloaded Xnview and for file formats I see
JPG - JPEG / JFIF
JIF - Jeff's Image Format
JP2 - JPEG-2000 Format
JXR - JPEG XR

Is it one of those?

lol.. ok.. different day, things work differently. So now when I export wearables as XML with textures, it creates the J2C file for me and yesterday it didn't..

Wewt! Time to make another upload! :ThumbsUp:

RE: How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - ZeroThe10th - 07-20-2015

JP2 - JPEG-2000 Format

RE: How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - mac2g01 - 11-04-2015

hello can any one explain with more details how to import assets into second life

RE: How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - fuckoff123 - 12-09-2015

Is there an easy way to import an animationfor free? I've tried to use the UUID of an animation in darkstorm but it only keeps it temporarily.

RE: How to import Wearables (.skin, .hair. alpha, ect) - ZeroThe10th - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 08:21 PM)fuckoff123 Wrote: Is there an easy way to import an animationfor free? I've tried to use the UUID of an animation in darkstorm but it only keeps it temporarily.
Not that I know of Animations are one of those things you gotta pay for if the UUID aint workin'.
That and textures, I think sounds too but I'm not sure.