How to copybot and post on the forum with Firestorm Professional

Thread Started By VaNiTy

• 108 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Rate Thread

This tutorial will show you how to copybot a mesh item and post on the forum with Firestorm Professional

Page 2 (The above is first post of this thread)
just a question.. i need to rigg the clothing first or?

Thumbs Up 
I laughed so much your very funny. Good information too and easy to follow. Thanks

SO forgive me because i am clearly new but i found it super simple to copybot an item. however i tried to upload it so i could see how it worked but the viewer does not recognize the file types. I must be missing something.

"I'm a cheap thieving b**** and I don't pay for Sh******" Great tutorial!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

If I did it right here is the link from the 1st post...there are many on the forum. 

[To see links please register here]

. From what I understand, once you unpacked and see the DAE object, right click it...then 'Edit In' if you don't see Open with Notepad & do the above steps in Notepad to take out your avatar username BEFORE posting here or bringing back into SL. :)

Linux Version?

I was trying to keep up with the video but her voice had me laughing so hard. haha nice.:)

tutorial saved to hdd for later reference

Alright, so i thought this might be a little too good to be true...
So with doing this method, it doesn't extract the mesh "RIGGED" correct??
Because when i tried to just rip and upload the .dea there's no option to upload with skin weights...

So far the only way i have been able to extract "weighted mesh" with "some" success, is with this method "sometimes" 

still haven't got it down yet.

and BTW this is actually posted on here twice .. 

Honestly, i love you guys, you have helped me SO much Zero!, i am eager to learn more, and SHARE!!!
I don't want to be a leach and just take and run, i want to be able to share what i already have in my inv and even expand and add more for you guys!!! and share it with all of you!!!... 

BUT! you would think that you would focus on making it easier for us, maybe even "a better video" to explian slower and more detailed, At leat a damn "STEP BY STEP"

The end result for this video is showing ".zip file" there's nothing shown in this video that even says ANYTHING about it being turning into a zip... 
It makes it look "cut and dry" but the key word is "CUT" because it didn't show every step, just the basic ones.....

I know how to put something into a .zip file... That's not my issues..
But what i don't understand about this, is that clearly the mesh that is being copied is "Rigged Mesh/Fitmesh".. and doing the extraction using this method doesn't seem to rip the "skin weights" and if i'm just missing something but there's NO mention of it being a "Full Rigged Rip, or not"..
And if you're going to use an example of ripping such a proprietary fitmesh item, isn't the weighting the MOST important part of the mesh in the first place?

Now, Don't you want people who are still learning like us TO be able to share and not just leach?....... Just sayn' ....

:ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Importing Animations into second life from a Notecard with Firestorm Professional. VaNiTy 4 11,224 02-27-2022, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mad_hattah2
  How to apply UUID skins to your Avatar with Firestorm Professional VaNiTy 12 14,741 03-25-2021, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Schwutte
  Save all avatar textures with Firestorm Pro for Second Life VaNiTy 30 33,547 08-15-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: InflexionPoint
  Firestorm Professional Exporting Collada and Textures VaNiTy 0 6,617 06-25-2016, 01:33 AM
Last Post: VaNiTy