Blender or Maya???

Thread Started By Luvlee

• 46 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Rate Thread
I want to try and attempt to upload mesh into sl. What is the best 3d software to use?

Luvlee, to just upload Mesh inworld you just need a viewer thats Mesh upload option at the top left of viewer does work, such as Darkstorms. Blender and Maya are just two of a variety of 3D software to create the Mesh with, You can even use Google Sketchup Pro thats free to do mesh as well, many people have their own preferences when it comes to the Software to make it, and to be honest you could and would need Blender with Maya, to fix the mesh properly, most 3D software as your making the mesh it is in a .obj format and to upload into SL it has to be in .dae format. so if your app has it .obj you can use another to convert it for upload to SL, I havnt had a lot of time to fool with Mesh.. so you will have to do a lot of reading and watching youtube videos to learn how to use the different 3D software their is out there. I know a little more but my fingers are tired from typing this book.. ha ha ha ha ha ... Good Luck with your Mesh endevor.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extract avi to render in Blender scarfnails 1 1,175 02-03-2022, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Lagertha
  Blender ablin94 0 1,807 03-26-2018, 09:21 PM
Last Post: ablin94
  So I've been playing in Blender... walkawaychild 0 1,613 03-25-2018, 03:44 PM
Last Post: walkawaychild
  Maitreya SL Necklace Questions Blender Muffin111 1 3,866 01-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Last Post: arfandomega
  Rigging with Blender for Fitmesh Bodies Fizznut 1 2,952 08-07-2016, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Fizznut