Some SLers Wonder If Insilico Could Have Been Saved

Thread Started By Second Life

• 27 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
Rate Thread
Some SLers Wonder If Insilico Could Have Been Saved

With weeks left for

[To see links please register here]

, this melancholy (and curiously empty of avatars) tribute by Die Villa. Perhaps more poignant, some longtime SLers say Insilico could have been saved if it had been made more sustainable. As regular readers Rin and Rei 

:

Insilico SL Tribute Machinima

Insilico closing is sad news because it was a nice looking place ... but it is also not surprising in some ways. It long ago become stale. No new, up to date products, the mall was always laggy (besides malls like this having long ago started to loose out to the more frequent fairs) and no one wanting to rent there anymore it seems. The people liked to go there for a look, but no one liked to stay and I can't see any way to recover the cost in such a situation ... unless someone with money to burn steps in to keep it up just for the pleasure to keep it...

In my experience Insilico was not the most welcoming of places. I get that the them was supposed to be a hard edged cyberpunk city, but after a couple of weeks of trying to get into some RP there, I gave up... Heck, I never was even able to rent an apartment there.

If that's the case on top of

, Insilico's demise isn't a total surprise.

Please share this post:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SLers on YouTube Starting to Shoot Unboxing Videos of Virtual Goods Second Life 0 2,670 12-22-2016, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Second Life
  Insilico Remembered: Memorial Videos to the Late-Great Cyberpunk City of Second Life Second Life 0 1,894 11-10-2016, 09:52 PM
  London-Based SLers: Want to Be in a Radio Segment? Second Life 0 1,559 11-02-2016, 08:06 PM
  Linden Lab Offers Exclusive Sandboxes to Premium SLers Second Life 0 1,765 10-26-2016, 07:14 PM