Hello Goonswarm, or Goonsquad, or Goonies, or just Goons

Thread Started By Ghostwaryr

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate Thread
Hello people, I don't know what I can tell you from a short introduction other than I have few applicable skills to copybotting. I don't know know how to make 3D Mesh, I don't know how to script worth a damn, and I can't make textures at all. What I have is a certain particular skill set...

Anyway, I've been on SL on & off, for many years, and have (among other things) been a land agent & a male stripper. I just returned to SL during the 2022 holidays because I had some time off and nothing to do for once, and found this new thing (to me) called animesh, and that's whats drawn me back and to this forum. I've spent idk how much L$ trying to make some really cool animesh avatars, but keep running into walls, so I'm hoping to find some information & resources to help move past those walls.

idk if you guys are related to Goonswarm from Eve, I suspect that's a yes in part, but I have had dealings with that crew.

Hi @Ghostwaryr

******IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS******
Welcome to the Second Life CopyBot Forum. Take a look around and learn. Go out into the Virtual worlds and bring back something nice to share.
The First thing to do before you proceed,

[To see links please register here]

See the image below.
[Image: lEsonHD.png]

See this section for our Membership Guidelines

See tutorial section before asking questions that may have been answered

Follow this tutorial to learn how to CopyBot items in Second Life and post on the forum

When downloading Collada/Mesh files you must have, at minimum, a general understanding dealing with mesh items and 3D software like Blender, Avastar, or other programs. Collada/Mesh/DAE files are not beginner-friendly. First, you must have an account in Second Life that will allow you to upload Mesh files, see here -->

Two important tools you will need with mesh is

and 

** Items that are XML or OXP you can simply upload them into the game via XML import or Linkset import (for .oxp files). (Beginner Friendly) All the textures will upload with the item.

You can host your content on the forum up to 10mb by using the attachment option in your post.

If your content is larger than 10mb use

or

to host your content.

If you are hosting your content on

please see this tutorial 

it is important to include the key with the link or other users cant download it.

You can grab the most recent Copybot Viewer here to backup any content in the game here

">Second Life CopyBot Viewer's

Best regards,
Optimus Prime

Hi, Welcome, No we arent related to Goonswarm, we used to be the Goonsquad, but thats about it.
As for animesh, it's really no different from regular rigged mesh. What problems are you running into?

Lets see..
1) Most mesh heads & bodies have too many triangles to fit under the 100k triangle count for animesh
2) Many of the mesh bodies & heads that would fit under the 100k triangle cap are no mod
3) Many of the items I have purchased on the MP that say they are copy/mod actually cannot be modded...ie the mesh can't be modded
4) When I finally find things that fit all above criteria there are problems with the meshes. Like a large head/neck gap, unusual textures used (this is a big one)

SO far I have made good animeshes with a few bodies, including Psicorp Avatar Core Nova, a few different Ruth variations, Ultra Vixen Perky, and some others I can't remember off the top of my head. I have bought multiple other bodies that wouldn't work. The bigger problem has been with heads, so far they are all ugly, no mod, cause floating head, or have really unusual texturing.

One of the head/body combinations I got would work amazingly in almost every catagory, but it was no mod, so I broke down & used hydrastorm to copy the xml, etc, then uploaded it only to find that all the textures were unusual AND every time I used the textures on the mesh that the creator had used, one of the 'faces' of the mesh would go wonky after doing ANYTHING else with that mesh...IE even moving it.

So I saw this forum pop up on several of my searches for helpful info, and here I am. I was going to link one of the unusual textures but that will have to be another time. It's bed time for me.

Here is one of the, what I think of, unusual skins I encountered while trying to reskin meshes...well I tried to uplaod a jpeg of the head skin...

Anyway its the right side of a face and the right ear I assume. I assume also that this texture is mirrored onto the left side of the mesh head.

Lets see..
1) Most mesh heads & bodies have too many triangles to fit under the 100k triangle count for animesh
A- Extract with Hydra and Meshhelper, Load into blender, Remove the doubles, and decimate

2) Many of the mesh bodies & heads that would fit under the 100k triangle cap are no mod
A- Extract with Hydra, run with mesh helper reimport the mesh with full perms

3) Many of the items I have purchased on the MP that say they are copy/mod actually cannot be modded...ie the mesh can't be modded

A- A- Extract with Hydra, run with mesh helper reimport the mesh with full perms

4) When I finally find things that fit all above criteria there are problems with the meshes. Like a large head/neck gap, unusual textures used (this is a big one)
A-A- Extract with Hydra, run with mesh helper put in blender, combine the meshes then export
A- Extract with Hydra and Meshhelper, Load into blender, Modify the mesh and export

SO far I have made good animeshes with a few bodies, including Psicorp Avatar Core Nova, a few different Ruth variations, Ultra Vixen Perky, and some others I can't remember off the top of my head. I have bought multiple other bodies that wouldn't work. The bigger problem has been with heads, so far they are all ugly, no mod, cause floating head, or have really unusual texturing.

One of the head/body combinations I got would work amazingly in almost every catagory, but it was no mod, so I broke down & used hydrastorm to copy the xml, etc, then uploaded it only to find that all the textures were unusual AND every time I used the textures on the mesh that the creator had used, one of the 'faces' of the mesh would go wonky after doing ANYTHING else with that mesh...IE even moving it.
A-This happens when the mesh is too high and tricount,  the best thing to do is either
A use textool to have the textures automatically apply,
Or import the mesh into blender and break them into parts, so it's not just a heavy one piece, then texture it with the proper textures.

So I saw this forum pop up on several of my searches for helpful info, and here I am. I was going to link one of the unusual textures but that will have to be another time. It's bed time for me.

Here is one of the, what I think of, unusual skins I encountered while trying to reskin meshes...well I tried to uplaod a jpeg of the head skin...
A- I cant relaly answer that without seeing whats happening.
Like a screenshot?

Anyway its the right side of a face and the right ear I assume. I assume also that this texture is mirrored onto the left side of the mesh head.

SOme good, helpful suggestions. Thank you. I guess I'll have to learn blender, lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello fellow goons GenesisWolf11 1 2,092 07-25-2018, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Optimus Prime
  What up Goons! BlakkHax 1 1,791 07-25-2018, 06:29 PM
  Greetings to all goons! unicorngirl 3 2,875 07-04-2018, 01:10 PM
  Hi Goons f1r35t0rm 3 3,287 06-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Wink Hello Goons mimic 1 2,116 05-15-2018, 08:00 PM