mesh for noob

Thread Started By Euri007

• 46 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
Rate Thread
Hi,
Coming back to second life after 4 years and I found news like model or mesh.
I read something about import .obj and save them as dae but when I try I am not able to do something that is reimportable in sl.

Is there someone tha can explain me the exats steps and parameters for importing .obj file in blender and export it in dae for upload in sl?

I'd want to copy some clothes in particular.

I know that import dae in sl cost lindens but cost less than cost of cloth

thanks

I find that Mesh Lab is a lot easier to use for this than Blender. Then again, I think just about everything is easier to use than Blender. Open mesh life, drag your .obj into it and export as .dae. It's as simple as that.

I should note that I'm hardly an expert at mesh so others may have some better advise.

Thanks for replay... and dae is fully compatible wit sl dae? Textures must be pasted in software or in second life?

sorry, but its not so easy
if you want to upload a clothing .obj model you have to rigg it for SL or you get a stiff mesh that doesn't move with the body of your Ava

follow this tutorial series to learn:

[To see links please register here]

[To see links please register here]

do it if you have fun with it, not just to spare some lindens ^^ it's a little bit work!

textures you can upload together with the model, if they are textured (10 Li each as usual)
You also can use ingame textures but the mesh has to be UV mapped and i'm not sure if they will fit very well ... just with luck ^^

sorry for my not so perfect english =)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  basic questions from a forum noob Mommajack 0 2,618 06-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Mommajack