Best to use a vpn or proxy when logging into SL website?

Thread Started By Condoms

• 43 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average
Rate Thread
Just curious if i need a vpn or proxy when logging into SL website with a copybotter account.
Or is it easy to verify without needing to login to website? All the good stuff i seen so far is on adult sims.

No none of that is neccesary, it is however a good idea.

Let's say your Copybot alt is caught. LL going to see something like:
(name) name.name
email
Ip
HWID
MAC
It is up to their dicretion to ban all acounts associated with those.
It was for this reason that Simms put in an extra security feature into Oldskool. That not only changes the MAC being sent to the server but also changes your real MAC on top of that.

Needless to say, if you value your main account you will put as much distance between it and your alts.

And to answer everyone elses questions..
Do you reccomend any VPN's?
Free and/or paid?

I personaly use Private Internet

[To see links please register here]

. It's fast and easy to use, you do have to pay for it though. However it's more then worth it if you seed torrents or get banned from games on a regular basis.

Now there are free VPNs available but you're going to have to look into which servers are right for you. I would suggest getting OpenVPN if that's the case. It's not as user friendly but it'll get the job done. After you've got it working for you. Start googling for free VPNs. This is going to be a process and may not get the speed you wanted. Just keep at it and you'll at least find one or two servers with moderately fast Internet.

Would be so kind as to explain the function and value of the VPN?

Darkstorm does let you change your MAC and IDO (which I have no clue what it is). So the only thing missing is you IP, especially if you are using a throwaway (junk email)?

Another question...... if you use a VPN can a IP Finder Script still find your original IP?

another word to the wise... do not EVER turn on music on a sim... as that - if the sim owner has control of the stream, can see your IP that way.
(tho that applies to anytime not just to hide your viewer status)

For a vpn i use steganos its like $20 for 4 years when i bought it, not sure what it is now.

The VPN Gate Client Plugin to SoftEther VPN Client s a good free VPN made in Japan. It works good and hook to public relays. It works for SL good, believe me I know, I evaded many IP bans back in the days. Once its activated then start up your viewer. If you find fast relay servers you can change your IP during game play without loosing connection to SL grid. However, it must be a fast relay server or you will disconnect from the grid.

You can download it here

[To see links please register here]

[Image: VPN-Gate-Client-Plug-in_4.png]

Thank You Ap0110...I appreciate the info and the link. :)